May 22, 2013

Handmade Paradise- Souvenir from Peru



First vacation this year, also the first time in S. America was to visit Peru. Other than gasping the grandness of the famous Machu Picchu, shopping was definitely one of the “must do” in my itinerary. Here are my “trophies”.

Llama/Alpaca products- One of Peru’s icon is the llama overlooking the ruin of Machu Picchu and packs of alpaca along the Andes mountains. Inca used to use them for sacrifice (black only, highest of the rank) and now Peruvian uses them for cloth, food and money making machine just to take pictures with the tourists.

 




Sweater Jackets



Pouches (LOVE the colors and the patterns! GOT TO HAVE THEM!!!)



Llama/Alpaca figures (Decoration, Key chains & more...)



Silver Goods- Handmade silver rings are very nice! Bottom left: Inca Trilogy of Tiger, Condor and Snake (It’s a 2 layer ring, the top layer turns) and bottom right: Inca Cross (I found it very modern looking).



Shoes- Colorful sneakers! I was so in love with the color combination and the style. I can't help myself to get one. Found the website selling those shoes here in the U.S. but the prices doubled.



Coca Tea & Candy- You can’t bring any coca products back to the U.S. I got busted with 3 packs of 10 candies and 2 box of 25 bags of tea. Not worth it!!!
Other than that, of course, there are all kinds of clothes, hats, ponchos. All made of llama and alpaca wool. Sometimes I don’t know if they are really 100% but it’s all for fun of shopping and the sake of getting something we don’t have here.


98

2 comments: