February 12, 2013

Magnets from Paris- Vintage Posters

I buy souvenirs everywhere I go. Big or small, I always want something to bring home for memory. It was the second time I visited Paris and again fall in love with the city but regardless how much I enjoyed the lights on Eiffel tower, I didn’t want another Eiffel tower Keychain for my collection…

One day I strolled along the left bank going through all the book stands, I’ve found the magnets of vintage posters. They are very French, very Paris-ish and kind of chic from my artzy point of view. And not just that, the price was surprisingly reasonable (3 for €5) consider I was nearly broke after 3 weeks backpacking all over Europe. Other than tasted the most famous macarons and pastries, I managed to bring home 6 magnets and was more than happy to see them every time I open the fridge door.



I don’t know the history of each and every posters but the top right is a popular one called “Vingeanne Milk Girl with Cats”.

98





No comments:

Post a Comment